A good lesson on the road to growing up
Help your kids get in the habit of saving money
The first thing young people learn about money is that it's fun to spend it. Like, right now. On gadgets, junk food or pretty much anything that provides instant pleasure. But as time passes parents step in and explain the bigger picture. With the help of an Excite Credit Union Youth Account, you can teach your kids lessons about the value of long-term saving that will last a lifetime.
- For ages 0-17
- Perfect place for money children get through gifts, allowances and part-time jobs
- Excite Credit Union will make the initial $50 deposit
- Children and parents must deposit at least $25 annually
- Interest rates of 5% APY* on first $2,500 of deposits (0.5% on bigger balances)
- Money can be withdrawn from account when child turns 18 years old
- This product is offered only through special partnerships
*APY=Annual Percentage Yield, rates subject to change without notice. 5% APY/4.89% Dividend Rate on balances of $0.01-$2500, .50% APY/50% Dividend Rate on balances of $2500+.
Parent, guardian or other responsible individual signer required on account; $25 deposit required annually; requires eStatement.