When you're low on cash, we've got your back
Overdraft protection serves as a safety net
In our busy world, it's easy to lose track of things. Like your car keys. Or your next dental appointment. Or exactly how much is in your checking account. At Excite Credit Union, we understand that anyone can accidentally spend more than they have on hand. We don't want anyone to be embarrassed by a bounced check or declined debit card. Our Courtesy Coverage makes sure your transactions go through even when there's not enough cash in your checking account.
- Courtesy Coverage enrollment is free
- There’s no charge if you don’t use the service
- If you do overdraw your account, the charge is just $29 per overdraft
- Other overdraft protection options are available. You may link your checking account to an Excite CU savings account, Money Market or line of credit.
- You can activate Courtesy Coverage online. To discuss any of our overdraft options, call us at 800.232.8669
Excite Credit Union is a full-service credit union with locations in San Jose, CA, Sunnyvale, CA, and Wilmington, NC.
 Excite Credit Union Courtesy Coverage offers optional additional coverage for everyday ATM and debit card transactions. The overdraft fee, whether the overdraft is by check, ATM withdrawal, debit card transaction, or other electronic means, is $29 per item ($145 maximum per day). The monthly overdraft limit is $1,000 including fees. Excite Credit Union pays overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction. Not available for Fresh Start Checking or Business Checking accounts. You must bring your account balance positive within each 30-day period for Courtesy Coverage to continue uninterrupted. Recurring ACH and check transactions that exceed your balance may continue to be authorized even if you do not sign up for Courtesy Coverage.